Sunday, January 23, 2011

Guest Bedroom Re-do

The guest bedroom is almost done!  Just a little accessorizing left to do and it will be a beauty.  Suffice it to say that the former owners of our home had different decor taste than we do.  While the sponge painting and border in the guest bedroom were well done, it just didn't work for us.  It's been slow going, but I have sanded off the sponge paint checkerboard and painted the walls.  My husband painted the ceiling.  I found a great dresser (great buy at Home Goods); and new bedding (thank you Target for Home Garden Party Chrysanthemum Quilt in purple) and redid the lamp.  I was able to use artwork I already had.  If you have a piece you love, plan a bedroom re-do around it to save money!

The lamp is my prize in the room.  I got this floor lamp for free (hand-me-down from my mom) and spray painted the base.  I bought a new shade at Joann Etc. for $14.99 and fabric at 50% off and made a custom shade to tie the wall and bedding colors together.

BEFORE:

AFTER:


If a bedroom re-do is on your project list, get to planning.  What are you waiting for?  If not now...when? 

Don't do what I did in my old townhouse.  Don't wait until you are moving to update your spaces.  You'll wish you had done it sooner and enjoyed the fruits of your labor! 

Share your re-do stories with me!

Until next time...
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment