Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

Tonight I had my parents over for dinner.  They had just come back from the lake and I was on my way to the grocery when the idea to invite them over struck me.  One point for spontaneity!  One of the fun things about spur of the moment entertaining is that nobody expects too much.  I made a simple dinner- ballpark steak sandwiches, fruit salad and chips.  I popped frozen cookie dough into the oven after dinner and with a scoop of ice cream, it was a little dessert that delighted my dad.  Frozen cookie dough is awesome to have on hand for impromptu entertaining.

It was a great way to celebrate Mother's Day too, and gave my mom relief fom having to come up with a dinner plan right after coming back into town.  And, I got to use some fun dishes we received as wedding gifts that do not get used on a daily basis. I'm trying to do better using what I have.  What's the use in having "stuff" that just sits on a shelf?

Any day is a great day to celebrate family.  Today, whether you are mom to a 2-legged or 4-legged "kid"...celebrate yourself and your family!

Until next time...
Missy 

No comments:

Post a Comment