Saturday, July 17, 2010

Little Celebrations

As I mentioned, I like to celebrate the little things. And, I will admit, I am a geek about remembering some obscure dates. Like the date I met my husband, Brad.

July 17, 2004. We were introduced by a mutual friend at a softball tournament (Brad was playing; I went for the introduction since my co-worker thought it so imperative that I meet this guy). A year and a half later we were married and my life has been better than I ever imagined it could be since I met Brad that hot, sunny, Saturday morning.

So here we are, back to Saturday, July 17, six years later. Brad is playing in that same softball tournament again. It was ungodly hot and humid today (and I do not enjoy heat), but I was there to cheer him on. They finished for the day just as the storm clouds rolled in. We went to one of our favorite local joints for pizza, and now we’re home, huddled in the basement and glued to the weather on television as more storms/tornadoes roll across the state. Awww…how romantic.

It wasn’t a big celebration, but today we recognized an important moment in our lives. And sometimes, recognition is celebration enough.

What’s the next date that YOU will celebrate?

Until next time….
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment