Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bathroom Re-Do

My husband bought a great house as a single guy.  Then we met, and when we got married, I moved in.  Together we picked colors and painted every room on the first floor...except the bathroom.  I had a plan for it.  It just took me 4 years to actually get to it.

There's nothing like a deadline to motivate you.  I started stripping wallpaper and sanding the sponge-painted walls, with entertaining my family for Easter as the motivator and deadline.  Once started, well, I HAD to finish it.  I could hardly have my family over for Easter with a babthroom with no light and taped walls. 

This was a cheap project- sweat equity, paint, and a light fixture from Menards.  The hardest part was sanding the walls; the scariest part was changing a light fixture myself.  I'd never done anything with electricity.  Turns out it isn't that hard! 

Check out the before and after pictures...and if there's a project you've been putting off...what are you waiting for?  It's so much fun to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Before:  Think sponge painting about 4/5 of the way up the wall, a brass light fixture, then a wall-paper border, and top it off with an irridescent leaf stamp the rest of the way up to the ceiling.  Very country.





















After:  Two coats of paint (Monk's Hood is the paint color) and a new brushed nickel light fixture make this bathroom all better. 
























Until next time....

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment