Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another Bathroom Re-Do

The first floor powder room wasn't the only room in our house in need of a makeover.  This spring I also tackled the guest bathroom.  I don't have any good before pictures, but nothing had ever been done in it.  It still had the plain construction-white walls, all scratched and marked up from the previous owners. 

In this bathroom I chose I soothing green (to match the guest bedroom- for another post) with black accents.  Everybody questioned my use of black, especially for the shower curtain, but I love how it turned out.  This bathroom also had a brass light fixture, which I removed, spray-painted black, and put back up.  It was my first spray-painting adventure and I loved it!

I shopped in my basement and found the perfect artwork in black frames.  One is a boat in water (photograph).  This was a card with a photograph on it that I purchased years ago in New Hampshire and framed.  The other (pictured below) was also a card that I purchased in Duluth and framed. 

This was a really inexpensive and easy makeover.  I don't have the exact cost, but it was definitely under $100 total.  It amounted to about $9 for primer and spray-paint; paint (shared cost with guest bedroom re-do), about $20 for the shower curtain and another about $40 for towels, hand towels and washcloths for guests.  I bought black hand towels to match the shower curtain, and found guest towels and washcloths at TJ Maxx that match the paint color exactly.  I LOVE that store!!

Here is the light fixture before:















And after:















Here's the rest of the guest bathroom, post makeover:





















End result:  a bathroom I love!  Good luck with your next home improvement project.  Post a comment about how it goes!

Until next time...
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment